Velvet Heaven in my mouth. I don’t know why, but that’s what came to mind when I tasted this last night. I made a roasted tomato and garlic butter spread and tried it on baked salmon (baked with butter, sea salt, and dill) and on some toasted slices of French bread.
The original recipe is here:
I’ll go into more detail about that website when I post the intro about my modified “Primal” diet.
I altered the recipe though, since I had only 10 ounces of cherry tomatoes instead of 16 ounces. So here is my altered recipe:
10 oz. organic cherry tomatoes
3 cloves garlic, minced
6 oz. Kerry Gold butter, room temperature
1/8 tsp. sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Melt 2 tbsp. of the butter, and then mix with tomatoes and garlic in a 9×13 glass Pyrex.
3. Roast mixture in oven for approximately 40 minutes, stirring often, or until tomatoes are very soft.
4. Let cool.
5. Blend tomato mixture and 1/8 tsp. sea salt (or to taste) in a food processor until smooth.
6. Cut remaining butter into chunks. Adding chunks a few at a time, process with tomato mixture until smooth.
7. Spread on whatever you want and enjoy! If it seems too liquidy or too soft, just throw it in the fridge for a bit.
P.S. This morning for breakfast, I slathered this on some leftover brown rice, salmon, and roasted sweet potatoes. Delicious tomatoey, garlicky, buttery goodness!